Environmental information regulations
Bournemouth Water (BW) has been subject to the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 since 2015.
The EIR provides public access to information classified as ‘Environmental Information’ held by public ities of which BW is one.
Information covered by the EIRs
- the state of the elements of the environment (e.g. water, air, soil or land)
- factors affecting those elements (e.g. radiation, noise, energy or waste)
- measures and activities affecting the elements and factors (e.g. spend)
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- economic analyses used within the framework of the measures and activities above
- the state of human Health and Safety as they may be affected by the above.
BW provides public access to the ‘environmental information’ we hold in two ways:
- actively publishing environmental information to help members of the public access the information held by BW; and
- in response to individual requests from other organisations and members of the public.
Information already available
We have, and continue to add, a large amount of information on this website including the following:
Water resources management plan- managing resources, reducing leakage and the quality of the drinking water we supply
Conservation and environment – general information related to conservation and environment, including a link to BW’s Environmental Policy,
Performance and annual reports - our annual report contains details of our performance against a range of key performance indicators including those covering our environmental impact.
Water saving - encouraging people to conserve water around the 合约数字货币_合约home and at work
Water quality - providing the latest water quality report, a map of your supply zone and water hardness information
Supply area information - The area we supply stretches from Poole in the west to Beaulieu in the east and just south of Salisbury in the north.
Discover Water – The Discover Water website is an easy and interesting way for customers to find out more about their own water company and the water sector overall. Set out like a dashboard, the Discover Water website brings already-available company data from a range of sources together in a friendly and interactive way.
Network Diagrams - location of water mains.